August 19th, 2011
|10:13 am - Music Quiz|
So, as I make the transition over to Google+, I wanted to do a music quiz, for old times sake. All of the song titles on this page have one of two words in them (except the one that has both). I was going to try to do just one word, but I didn't have enough songs.
Can you guess the title and artist (or title and musical if it comes from a show) from the first line of the lyrics? The XXs are the title of the song.
1*. XXXX, XXXX, It's Good To Be Back.
2. XXXX XXXX, Hey, Another night at the palace, cause there is nothing else to do.
3. XXXX XXXX, XXXX XXXXX, Here I am at Camp Granada jadasc 4. XXXX XXXX, Well XXXX XXXX. It's so nice to have you back where you belong jadasc 5. You say Yes. I say no! jadasc
6*. XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX You've given me great times. But lately time's been slipping away from you.
7. We're so sad we've no more time together just to drop an anvil on your head.
8. When are you gonna come down? When are you going to land? jadasc
9*. We've been expecting you Mr. Bond.
10. Bobby's driving to the city tonight through the lights in a hot new rent-a-car. jadasc 11. I met her in a poolroom. Her name I didn't catch. x_morlock 12. It's true you sold your guitar and bought a car? It's true. ladymondegreen
Numbers 1, 6, and 9 are worth double points because they are from obscure bands. You probably haven't heard of them. :P
|Date:||August 19th, 2011 02:16 pm (UTC)|| |
3. "Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah" -- Allan Sherman
4. "Hello Dolly" -- Hello, Dolly.
5. "Hello Goodbye" -- The Beatles
8. "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" -- Elton John (And it's "land.")
10. "Say Goodbye To Hollywood" -- Billy Joel
5 for 5. Very good. And I corrected the lyrics.
|Date:||August 19th, 2011 02:49 pm (UTC)|| |
Thank you. (Although I did go after the low-hanging fruit. The one that nagged at my brain, I didn't answer — looked it up later and recognized it.)
I suspect 2 and 11 might get caught too. Maybe 12. Maybe 7. I'll be very surprised if anyone gets 1, 6, or 9.
12. is from Rent. Goodbye Love?
12. "Goodbye Love" from Rent
Yes, but alas lmg got it first.
You are correct. It should be poolroom. I'll fix it.